FAQ & Surgical Instructions
BEFORE INTRAVENOUS ANESTHESIA SEDATION
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight prior to your appointment.
- If the patient is a minor, a responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience, so please plan accordingly.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeved t-shirt.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Draper prior to your surgical date for instructions.
SOFT DIET SUGGESTIONS
- Scrambled/Soft Boiled Eggs
- Cream of Wheat
- Cottage Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Ice Cream
- Canned/Potted Meat
- Smoothies/Protein Drinks
As a general rule: if you cannot mash it with the back of a plastic fork, DO NOT EAT IT!
Change Your Smile. Improve Your Health. Today.
Trinity Valley OMS is located in the Forney Professional building next to Taco Casa and the Chevron station on the South end of FM 548.